Your stone fabricator looks forward to beginning your project with our template process. In the advance of our arrival, please review the below checklist to ensure that you are prepared for our visit.
Cabinets must be permanently installed, leveled, and aligned prior to our arrival. We will not shim countertops more than 1⁄4” above the base cabinet elevation. Cabinets out of alignment will result in inconsistent overhangs at installation.
• If templating over existing counters, please be aware that the templater may not be able to see important areas related to support of counters, and expect questions as appropriate to ensure we can accurately fabricate your countertops.
• Any vertical surface that will contact the stone installation must be installed prior to our arrival. This would include sheetrock, wallboard, finished panels, knee walls, etc.
• Customer provided sinks must be on-site. If the fabricator does not have a digital file for the sink, the templater may need to bring your sink to the fabrication shop. • If you are using a farmer’s sink, or a heavy cast iron sink, it must be installed in its permanent location prior to our arrival.
• Stoves, cooktops, and any venting, or accessories must be on-site.
• Faucets, soap dispensers, sprayers, and other accessories requiring holes in the stone must be on-site.
• Existing counters must be completely clean and clear of any debris, or appliances.
• Please ensure that the area where your template will take place is clear of other trades during the time window scheduled for the template.
• Upon completion of the template, our templater will review the Template Verification Form with you. This form will include locations of seams, type of edge, size of backsplash, and any special requests, or non-standard details that your project may require. The form is intended to confirm that the template process reflects your expectations for your project.
• Our templater will take photos of the template area to aid in the project design and fabrication process.
IMPORTANT – Your presence at the template, or that of your appointed contractor/designer is required to ensure that our templater can accurately capture the parameters of your project. In the event that an owner, or an authorized decision-maker is not present during the template, we may not be able to complete your project during the pre-scheduled template window, and a revisit fee may apply.