- Job Responsibilities: Opening, servicing and retaining contractor, millwork, dealer and retail accounts. Includes all aspects of customer relations including prospecting, qualifying and opening new business accounts; securing the full mix of GerrityStone product sales to your customer base; maintaining customer showroom and jobsite visits to ensure retention of your account base; collection of accounts receivables from your customer base and resolving customer problems. Follow the GerrityStone programs and process to build the business. After your orientation we will provide you with a list of prospects to target and you will partner with one of our sales team members or Jim Gerrity to sell GerrityStone and begin to build your account business. There will be a requirement to work Saturdays on rotating schedule with other members of our sales team to cover customer needs and visits to our showroom and warehouse. We are open Saturdays from 9am to 2pm. You will work normal business hours during the Monday through Friday work week; generally 8am to 5pm in our Woburn headquarters. It is expected you will be responsive and prompt to your account needs providing the best possible customer service.
- Compensation: A starting weekly salary of $$$$$$ with a review after 90 days. Weekly and a monthly commission when earned of 4% on invoiced sales in excess of $75,000.00 per month (provided the minimum 25% margin is held). Anything below the minimum will be discussed up front.
- Benefits: The Company currently offers Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical and dental plans, a pre-tax FSA (Flexible Spending Account), 401-K with company match, and access to AFLAC disability. I have attached a summary of the health plan for your review. I will be available to review the details on the benefits, waiting periods, etc. Other normal waiting periods for health plans and 401K are determined by the providers and cannot be waived. There are seven paid Holidays during the year and vacation time is earned after 6 months of employment; .83 days per month earned which is equivalent to 10 days per year; after 5 years or 60 months, vacation time is earned at a rate of 1.25 days per month or 15 days per year; we are flexible in coordinating with our employees to take time off need on either a paid or unpaid basis.
- Commencement Date: As mutually agreed on.
- Expenses: To include a company provided cell phone and a laptop computer. These are for your exclusive use as long as you are a GerrityStone Sales Account Representative. An expense allowance will be paid for approved business travel at a rate of .55ct per mile capped at $500.00 and a $250.00 sty pin for approved business expenses per month. Logs and receipts must be submitted or expense reimbursement may be reportable as taxable income. If the maximum is exceeded, out of the ordinary business related expenses may be allowed, if prior approval from management is given. Examples of these may include such things as attending industry events (e.g.: builder association meetings; attendance industry boards), sponsoring customer events, etc.
7. Saturday Schedule: This position requires some Saturday assisting with retail clients on a rotating basis
During your first few days at GerrityStone, you will participate in a new employee orientation program during which you will receive an introduction to the company, review company policies, get a chance to examine more detailed benefits information, complete required enrollment forms and meet the rest of your team. Employees have an option to be paid through direct deposit. If you want direct deposit, please bring a copy of a voided check from your bank or savings institute. Additionally, Federal immigration legislation requires that we verify the employment eligibility of all employees. In order to complete the “Employment Eligibility and Verification” or I-9 form, you need to provide us with proper documentation such as a U.S. Passport or an Original Social Security card together with a drivers license. Federal law requires that this form be completed within three days of your starting date.
Your employment is not governed by any written or oral contract, is not for any definite period or succession of periods, and is considered an “at-will” arrangement. This means that you are free, as is the company, to terminate the employment relationship at any time for any reason, so long as there is no violation of applicable Federal or state law. Any equipment furnished by Gerrity Stone would need to be returned at that time. We do not require you to sign any form of non-compete agreement.
Potential Candidate, we would be delighted to have you join us, and wish you every success in your new position. We have great confidence in your ability to achieve that success and will work very hard alongside you to make that happen.
Please contact me if you have any questions or comments on the terms of this offer letter. My cell # is- 978-590-4308
We look forward to hearing back from you.